Behold: a healthy sweet potato pancakes recipe that is absolutely delicious! Let’s just say it’s been my go-to post-run breakfast the past few days because these are just too tasty. The best part? They only require two ingredients!
Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes Ingredients:
1 small mashed, cooked sweet potato (heat up in microwave 4-6 minutes if you don’t feel like baking/roasting it)
A dash of cinnamon and/or allspice (optional)
1. Whisk together mashed up sweet potato and eggs until well-combined. Add desired seasonings and stir.
2. Heat using coconut butter or oil over medium heat.
3. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes (more like 5-7 minutes for larger cakes).
4. Flip and cook the other side until golden-brown.
5. Top with your favorite nut butter, whipped cream, 1/2 a banana or all-natural maple syrup and eat up!
Another variation if I’m feeling like adding protein, flavor, or out of eggs:
1/2 mashed sweet potato added to one serving protein pancake mix + recommended amount of water
Do you have a favorite pancake recipe? I’d love to hear about it. Share in the comments below!
For more recipes click here to view the full library.