Protein Cookie Dough Blondie Brownies Recipe
Usually when I try protein recipes they don’t turn out well (being an experimenter in the kitchen does not work out in my favor), but when Jill Coleman posted this cookie dough blondie brownies recipe, I knew I had to give it a shot. Luckily it turned out way better than expected! It tastes just like cookie dough. It certainly isn’t low fat or low cal, but it’s super satisfying and high in protein.
Recipe originally from Fix Your Digestion:
• 3 cups almond flour + 1 cup coconut flour (I only used coconut flour since it’s all I had, but highly recommend using both)
• 1⁄4 cup trivia, coconut sugar or your choice of zero-cal sweetener
• 1⁄4 tsp salt
• 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
• 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
• 5 eggs
• 3⁄4 cup water
• 1 TB vanilla extract
• 1⁄2 tsp butter extract (optional)
• 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 2 scoops protein powder (I recommend vanilla protein and I chose Sun Warrior Vanilla blend)
+ 1 cup all-natural, low-sugar applesauce, if desired (I added this for a more moist consistency)
First, preheat oven to 300 F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan (or whatever pan you have) with zero-cal non-stick spray. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl and add to dry mixture. Stir until well-incorporated. Add in chocolate chips. Pour into pan, bake for 50 minutes and let set for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Slice, pack away (before you eat the whole pan ;)) and enjoy!
So, what do you do with the leftovers? This not only makes a yummy dessert, but also goes well with your morning coffee!
What’s your favorite guilt-free dessert or protein-powered baking recipe? Share it with me in the comments below!